ABC's of L.I.F.E.

My mind is blank, clueless and still
With little idea about the future
Plans can be made and conclusions drawn
But then, why the frown in my head?

Success isn't a necessity, then why compete
Amidst the existing chaos, what is it that I need?
I too had dreams, where have I buried them
Desires lie dormant in my heart, what is it that I seek?



I was brazen and crazy once, conscious I have now become
A sense of security and defense has now shielded me. 
Am I not the same person who was brave enough to try the unconventional?
Yes, I have changed; but am I still me?

No. I haven't given up on my dreams just yet. 
Neither have I changed for the worse. 
There comes a time when you have to see beyond 'ME'
When there's more to a picture than you can just see. 

I have been taught well
Awakened, realized, felt
Learned, inspired, acted
By and From the ABC's of LIFE.

Life teaches us to live it 
To the fullest, to the core
Forget the regrets, wear a smile
And have an attitude of "Bring it on!!". 

That is what I'll try to do,
With faith in myself, hope for the future
And strength in my beliefs
In the ABC's of Life. 

Signing off,
Nitsy




Comments

  1. Hi Nitisha,

    Beautiful lines carrying a meaningful message. You've correctly summed up the ABCs of life, loved the poem. :)

    P.S. Do check out & vote for my entry for Get Published.

    Regards

    Jay
    My Blog | My Entry to Indiblogger Get Published

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jay,

      Thank you. :) I read your post for the contest. Interesting title and post. I have voted for it. All the best!

      Delete
  2. hey nitisha..
    nyc post..!!
    keep writing..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. U write poetry....n I hv a rational explanation 4 everything....the twain shalt meet not ever ..... till one of us is able to change the other..:-)...enjoy ur journey of self-discovery. Being conscious of change n acknowledgement of it are hearty signs of a thinking mind. Being able to take on change with courage with a "Bring it on" is even more admirable. Sustain this quality amidst pressures that will come n we should see you as the star you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello stranger,

      The outlook of a person depends on their attitude. I am a combination of rationale and imagination. You would know that had you read my other posts. And, sometimes it's good to let go and fantasize for a while. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm a Bad Girl!

The taste of freedom